Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A decadent dessert with fresh strawberries and semi-sweet chocolate. Originally from"Favorites for All Seasons" a cookbook put out by the library staff,volunteers,board members, and Friends of the Library members of the Desert Foothills library in Cave Creek, Arizona.Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup orange liqueur
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a 9 inch springform pan mix the wafer crumbs and butter thoroughly and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Stand strawberry halves around the pan,touching,side by side,pointed ends up,with cut sides against the side of the pan. Set aside. Save the strawberries that are left to garnish the mousse cake.
- Place chocolate chips,corn syrup,and orange liqueur in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until the chocolate chips are melted.Whisk until all the liquids are incorporated and the mixture is smooth, then cool.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups of cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the cool chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.
- Carefully pour into the strawberry lined pan.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, release the sides of the pan and whip the remaining whipping cream with the powdered sugar.
- Arrange the whipped cream on top of the cake and top with the remaining berries.
Whaaat? I never reviewed this? I must have made this a dozen times, and it is fabulous every time. Elegant looking, and oh so delicious. Whenever I'm trying to impress, I make this recipe. It is so easy, goes together in minutes, and everyone absolutely loves it. My favorite!