- 6 cups peeled cored chopped ripe pears
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) cankern's strawberry-banana nectar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place prepared pears and nectar in crockpot, cover cook on high 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients mix well, reduce to low, cover cook 8 hours, stirring occasionally, Using potato masher to work out lumps once the fruit is thoroughly softened.
- Remove cover continue to cook stirring to prevent bottom from sticking, till thickened.
- Allow to cool slightly, Spoon into containers leaving 1/2 inch top space; refrigerate uncovered till cold; cover and freeze.