Recipe by Barb G.
This looked so delicious, I seen it made on TV, but haven't had a chance to made it myself. Prep time does not include chill time.
Top Review by LAURIE
Barb this was yummy! I love anything with meringue and so does a good friend of mine.....We shared and were both in hog heaven! I will make this lots, esp when I can get fresh strawberries! Thanx so much!
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar (or 1 cup splenda)
- 1 dash salt
- 3 ounces sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sliced strawberry, fresh or frozen thawed
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream or 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Meringue Shell; Have egg whites at room temperature.
- Add vanilla, cream of tarter and salt, and beat until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks from.
- Spoon into lightly greased, 9-inch pie dish, and shape into shell, swirling sides high.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn off heat and let dry in oven with door closed for at least 2 hours.
- Filling; Disslove gelatin in boiling water and chill until it has the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in strawberries, bananas and whipped cream.
- Chill until mixture mounds slightly when spooned.
- Spoon into meringue shell.
- Chill 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and strawberries if desired.