Recipe by Kim127
This recipe is from the May 1992 issue of Bon Appétit. Fruity and refreshing! Cooking time is freezing time in the ice cream maker. Zaar wouldn't let me enter Brut Cava as an ingredient so its listed as sparkling Spanish wine. Posted for Spain - ZWT #5.
Top Review by ellie_
We loved this sorbet with strawberries for dessert tonight -- the perfect ending of a hot summer meal! The change I made was not using the wine (I couldn't find it and wasn't sure of a sub) so I used 2 cups of orange juice instead of the one cup mentioned in the recipe. So easy and so good! Made for Zaar World Tour 5, Spain. We will be having this keeper often this summer! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup spanish sparkling wine (Brut Cava)
- fresh strawberries (optional for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sugar and water in small saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Transfer to large bowl.
- Puree strawberries in blender. Add to syrup.
- Mix in orange juice and cava. Refrigerate strawberry mixture until well chilled.
- Process strawberry mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer sorbet to covered container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Scoop sorbet into glasses. Top with fresh berries and serve.