Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr
These pretty strawberries are cut to resemble flower petals then stuffed with sweetened cream cheese.
- 32 fresh strawberries
- 311.84-340.19 g cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 29.58 ml grated chocolate
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each strawberry, allowing the berries to stand upright on flattened end.
- Place berries, cut side down, on a serving platter.
- Cut each berry carefully into 4 wedges, cutting almost to, but not through, bottoms.
- Fan wedges just slightly, taking care not to break; set berries aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in grated chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a large decorative tip.
- Press cream cheese mixture into center of each berry. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Loved this lovely dessert. Easy to make and tasted wonderful. Only used 8 oz. cream cheese but the rest as written and got 14 filed strawberries.
I'm usually hesitant to try recipes with little reviews, but I had to try this recipe because the pictures looked absolutely yummy and I love strawberries! I'm so happy I tried this recipe because it's a hit at every family get together. I've been designated to make these for every occassion and I don't mind because they are easy to make, delicious and not to mention they look beautiful on display. These are definitely going on my dessert table for my wedding! Thank you for posting!
This is delicious and fun!!! I love the flavor of the filling, it's not too sweet and lets the fresh strawberry shine. I used Green & Black's organic mint dark chocolate for the filling and it gave a wonderful accent flavor to the dessert!! This is such a beautiful and inexpensive way to make a gourmet presentation for a party or event!!! Loved these, thanks!!