Strawberries With Cream Cheese Filling
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each strawberry, allowing the berries to stand upright on flattened end.
- Place berries, cut side down, on a serving platter.
- Cut each berry carefully into 4 wedges, cutting almost to, but not through, bottoms.
- Fan wedges just slightly, taking care not to break; set berries aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in grated chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a large decorative tip.
- Press cream cheese mixture into center of each berry. Cover and chill until ready to serve.