Recipe by Elmotoo
A very elegant way to serve strawberries! Try this for your next brunch.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This is what I call beauty in simplicity. The only major change was using
a locally vintered Riesling in place of champagne. Fresh rose petals from our
spray rose bush that only recently starting blooming for the season. The rose petals
were cut en chiffonade and I left a few whole petals for garnish. Toyed with the idea
of adding one fresh leaf of either mint or lemon verbena from our garden. Maybe next time-and there will be a next time! Made for Veg Tag/June.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup dry chilled champagne or 1⁄3 cup sparkling grape juice
- 20 rose petals, - make sure to use organic rose petals that have not been sprayed and are especially grown to be eat or 20 even your own garden should have some pesticide and chemical free roses
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, gently toss the strawberries and champagne together. NOTE: If preparing ahead of time, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, gently toss with the rose petals.
- Serve in attractive individual serving bowls or in margarita glasses.