2 hrs 30 mins
A great recipe fromTyler Florence's cookbook, Fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the balsamic pearls(Balsamic Vinegar Pearls). Pour the olive oil into a tall, clear vessel, like a large beer glass, and place it in the freezer to chill to about 38*F, about 30 minutes.
- 2Combine the agar agar and balsamic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir to completely dissolve the agar agar. Let cool for 5 minutes, to about 125*F. Then transfer the mixture to a large plastic syringe or a squeeze bottle. Carefully dispense frops into the olive oil to form "pearls", allowing them to sink to the bottom. Drain the pearls when ready to use, reserving the olive oil for another use.
- 3Make the strawberry chips:.
- 4Preheat the oven to 300*F. Thinly slice the strawberries lengthwise. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat, and arrange the slices evenly on the sheet. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar. Bake for 2 hours, or until the strawberries are dehydrated and crisp.
- 5To assemble, halve the fresh strawberries lengthwise. Top with the balsamic pearls, Parmesan shavings, basil flowers, and sprouts.
- 6Garnish with the dried strawberry chips. Dot with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries Chips, Parmesan, Basil, and Balsamic Pearls
Serving Size: 1 (1293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3061.9
- Calories from Fat 2947
- Total Fat 327.5 g
- Saturated Fat 46.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 190.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: