Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A recipe from Nutritionist Cheryl Forberg, from the book of the same title. Delicious! To make pancakes with this mix, measure 35g mix, 35g cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1 tsp mixed spice and 1 tsp vanilla. Combine and fry like a pancake - sprinkle over some Splenda. For 1 person.
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup ground linseeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container and store in freezer. Use as needed.
- To prepare one serving :.
- Bring 3/4 cup water to boil.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cereal mix, turn heat to low.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Take off heat and stand 3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh berries.
- Microwave instructions, mix 3/4 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cereal and cook on high 1 minute - stand a few minutes to thicken.