Lemony chicken stir fry, served over plain brown rice.
Make and share this Stir Fry- Chicken With Lemon Mushroom Ginger Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut in half inch strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a small bowl for sauce; whisk cold water and cornstarch together and add to sauce; whisk together.
- Cut chicken into strips, sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat wok over medium high heat one minute. Add oil and tilt to coat. Add chicken, stir fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic, stir fry until mushrooms are browned at edges, about 3 minutes. Add sauce, cook until sauce is reduced to glaze, about 1 1/2 minutes. Mix in spinach and toss one minute.