Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Use your favourite vegetables to make this tasty Quick 'N Easy stir-fry Chicken Salad. Great for casual outdoor eating. Adjust the garlic to suit your taste. The original recipe had no garlic. NO garlic! If you are not using a non-stick pan or wok, you may need slightly more oil. This recipe makes four generous serves. If you are serving this with another dish, there should be ample for six. Adapted from Rodale's 'Terrific Chicken: 100 Great Meals in Minutes'.
Top Review by Color Guard Mom
I thought I would like this, but I think the mix of a cold salad (lettuces) and the hot veggies just wasn't my thing. I really love the hot part of it and it would be great on rice or noodles - even with some of the dressing as a "glaze". I used bean sprouts, peppers, onions, and carrots as well as the broccoli as listed in the ingredients. Still - it was a nice change and it appears most people enjoy it! Thanks for posting! Made for the Gimme 5 tag game.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 cups vegetables, for example peppers, carrots, leeks, bok choys, bean shoots, mushrooms, sliced into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a (preferably non-stick) wok over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in the vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Transfer the contents of the wok to a large salad bowl, add the salad greens and mix well.
- Whisk together the dressing and the soy sauce in a small bowl, drizzle it over the salad-vegetable mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve with noodles or rice.