Recipe by Rita~
Serve over rice. You can add and change vegies to what you like and add chilies for heat!
Top Review by AQueen
Thanks! I needed an idea for a new stir-fry veggie mix as the stand-by was getting boring. I made this recipe without the beef and the results were excellent. Well received by my picky-veggie-eating husband. I did add fresh green beans and some julienned orange pepper. We are all looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow. Served with General Tso's chicken and fried rice.
- 1 lb lean beef, thinly sliced (Slightly frozen beef is easier to slice)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup cooking wine
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup broccoli, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- water chestnut
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss beef in bowl with soy sauce and sherry.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok, or wide frying pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute over high heat.
- Add drained beef (reserve marinade).
- Stir fry until meat is brown.
- Add scallions, celery, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms.
- Cover and steam about 5 minutes.
- Mix water, cornstarch, sesame oil and marinate in small bowl; pour into pan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice.