Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat wok or skillet at 375 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, green pepper, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir fry 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, soy sauce and salt; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until spinach is tender.
This was nice and filling. I really enjoyed this recipe, and had plenty of leftovers. It does not taste good cold or reheated though as the ingredients tend to taste overcooked.