Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great side dish.
Make and share this Stir-Fried Cabbage With Ginger, Soy, Garlic and Balsamic recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 large cabbage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cm ginger, peeled and cut inti fine matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Remove out leaves of cabbage. Cut in half and take out inner core. Slice quarters into 1 cm shreds.
- Place wok on high heat. Add oil, swirl around.
- Add ginger, garlic and chilli quickly stirring for few seconds.
- Add cabbage. Stir-fry briskly for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy suace and balsamic and stir-fry few seconds longer.
- Serve immediately.
This is my boyfriend's new "favourite" way to have cooked cabbage. I followed the recipe except I added an extra garlic clove and substituted about 1 tablespoon of melted butter in place of the oil. Next time I will just try some cooking spray to cut the fat a little. Thanks for posting something I have been told that I should be making often!
We really liked this stir fry. I think I ended up halving the oil and doubling the garlic and ginger. I had to make some last minute substitutions for part of the cabbage though, since I didn't have what I thought I did. So I added a red pepper and some green onions. Actually, it worked out well, and also gave it a beautiful color. Thanks Wendy, love your recipes, as usual.
Yummy. I used vincotto in place of balsamic vinegar (similar in flavour but richer, somehow), but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for posting.