Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup cauliflower, small florets
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick size
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 cup bean sprouts, fresh
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups basmati rice
- Cook rice and keep warm, the rest of the dish cooks very quickly.
- Place the steak on a flat surface and, using a sharp knife, cut against the grain into slices about 2-inch wide.
- Slice each piece of steak horizontally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Stack the slices and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Add the cornstarch to the steak and toss to coat.
- Place the steak in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and soy sauce, set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or large skillet and add the cauliflower, green pepper, sun dried tomatoes and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, until crisp-tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds longer.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for a few seconds longer.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok or skillet.
- When it is very hot, add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for a few sec.
- Add the steak and cook, shaking the wok and stirring the strips of steak to separate them and cook evenly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the wok and toss quickly over high heat, then serve over rice.
I'm not sure I'm doing this right but here goes. We loved this recipe. The combination of vegetables was perfect, it was fast and easy to make and the cooking time was under 20 minutes which I liked. Great recipe would make it again.
Nice combination of vegetables. I like the cornstarch on the steak as it helpos to give a crisp coating to the meat. I only stir fried the veggies until they were heated through so trhey would remainb crisp. Excellent meal enjoyed by all - I wish you luck in the contest
Our family LOVED this recipe. When I didn't have meat, I used cut up chicken breasts instead. Just as yummy!!