Recipe by Marie
Real quick, real easy and really, really delicious! Serve over hot rice.
Top Review by Jeanette G
I made this last night and it was so easy. I ended up not adding the extra 1/2 tsp of salt at the end and added a little extra water because the sauce was a little too salty for my taste. I might try reduced sodium soy sauce next time. In the end though, it was really tasty and I enjoyed how easy and fast it was to prepare...I will be making this again! Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 ",thick strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic and 2 T oil until smooth.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and add the beef.
- Seal bag and turn to coat, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef.
- In wok or skillet, stir fry beef in remaining oil for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir fry the beans, sugar and salt for 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Stir in the beef and reserved marinade.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.