Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great for parties at work or an appetizer at a dinner party. It doesn't really stink, by the way, it's just what my family always called it.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) jar dried beef
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Shred the dried beef into tiny pieces.
- Mix beef, Accent, Worcestershire sauce, and cream cheese together until evenly mixed.
- Form a ball, or whatever shape you desire (I make snowmen during winter.) on a serving plate.
- Serve with crackers of your choice.
Made for PAC, March 09. Stinky? You bet NOT!! Delicious!! I had to halve the recipe: we are 2 people. I had to stop DH from digging in, because it's rich. Some explanations: I'm in South Africa and our everyday snack is biltong, which is dried beef (sometimes game), but seasoned well with certain spices. So I bought a jar of grated biltong instead of trying to chop up the sliced biltong pieces. The cream cheese was very firm, and when my arthritis started protesting the mixing, I put it all in my processor, and it was quickly turning itself into a ball! We do not have Accent seasoning, but I used what I think must be about the same: Knorr Aromat seasoning. I rolled the ball in roughly-chopped parsley, but chopped nuts would also have been nice. This should definitely be served at room temperature. The taste is absolutely great, but I must add that the biltong spices came through -- I have no idea what your "dried beef" would taste like. If not piquant enough, I suggest adding ground coriander (seeds) and a tiny bit of lemon juice. But here across the pond this recipe suits us just fine as it stands! Thanks, Mrs Muffins, I cannot think of even the slightest change or improvement!!