Recipe by Karen in MA
I originally ate this in a Toronto restaurant across the street from the Art Gallery of Ontario where I worked at the time. This is my attempt to replicate it, and it is yummy!! The orange zest adds a little extra interest. Pasta shells would also work well, catching lots of sauce. After receiving the first review saying it was missing something, I realized I left out 2 items, so this is the amended version.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
This was good, but we though it lacked something. I used bavette, about a third of a cup of pure cream, half a zested orange, and I didn't add milk. Next time I might try adding leek and spinach. As is, I think this would make a better side dish than main. Additional comment: I see this recipe has been updated. I don't eat chicken, but will make the recipe again sometime soon and add liquid smoke. Thanks! :)
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- white pepper
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the stilton, cream, milk, chicken, and a couple pinches of orange zest (a little goes a long way).
- Stir continuously until smooth and velvety in consistency. Add dash of liquid smoke.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta and season to taste.