Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
They sell this soup in my local supermarket, this is my own version of it.
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb Stilton cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 pint single cream
- plenty fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fry the onions and garlic gently in the olive oil until transparent.
- Add the broccoli and fry for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer until the broccoli is cooked.
- Add the stilton.
- Put in the blender and blend, leaving some texture.
- Return to the pan and add the cream and pepper.
I have made this 3 or 4 times now and it is great. Use as a starter to a diner party and it always goes down well. Fathering law always asks for secondsâ€¦.
I only used 1 clove of garlic but it still got the thumbs up! Will be making this again...
I made this recently for my fiance and friend. It was simple to make and delicious. a definate to make again!