Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for Passover this year and it was a hit. It is so easy to make but looks lovely and makes an impression. If you are making this for Passover and don't use garlic during Passover you can leave it out. The origional recipe that a friend gave me didn't use the garlic or the onion. It also called for raspberry perserves but I couldn't find KLP raspberry. Also, if you make this for Passover, just before it is fully cooked turn the oven off and let it sit in the hot oven while you have your seder. It will be perfect by the time you get to it. This is great for Passover or any day. This recipe is for 1-4 people as it only calls for 1 hen but I used 5 hens for our seder so this can be easily multiplied. I served this with roasted potatoes and roasted carrots with peas.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the hen in half or quarters.
- Mix the strawberry perserves and the minced garlic together.
- Place the sliced onion in a baking pan and arrange the chicken, skin side up, over the onions.
- Smoosh the strawberry garlic mixture over the chicken.
- Pour the apricot nectar over all.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked through.