Recipe by GingerlyJ
I love using Rhubarb, which I buy from the amish farmer's market every spring and freeze. When I saw this recipe in The newlywed cookbook, I knew I just had to try it
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large stalk rhubarb, cut up
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- whisk together the flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup of the sugar.
- and salt in a medium bowl.
- mix in the butter with a fork.
- whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- add the milk mixture to the flour mixture.
- bring together in a loose batter.
- toss together the rhubarb, remaining sugar, and marshmellows and spoon into a buttered baking dish.
- spoon batter over top in an even layer.
- bakeabout forty minutes.
- serve with ice cream.