Sticky Mushrooms on Toast
- Heat a wok with half of the oil and then add two thirds of the butter and allow to melt.
- Next add the mushrooms starting with the largest. Add the remaining oil as you need to.
- Next stir in the garlic and allow to cook for about a minute.
- Heat a griddle pan to smoking hot. Then toast the sourdough until nicely lined on both sides.
- Next add the sherry to the wok allow the alcohol to burn off, and then add the soy sauce, sesame oil and hoi sin. Stir really well and then stir in the remaining butter followed by the coriander and parsley.
- Finally remove from the heat and stir in the rocket.
- To serve, lay a piece of toast on the centre of each serving plate and pile on the mushrooms. Eat immediately.