Recipe by Sackville
I must admit I haven't tried this, but it's from the latest BBC Good Food magazine and looked too good not to share.
Top Review by sugarpea
Rather a disappointment. The chicken was moist but didn't get "sticky". With all the liquid in the baking dish, the chicken was more braised than broiled. I'm assuming the recipe called for broiling when it said to preheat the oven grill. Could be just a translation problem.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons clear honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by pre-heating your oven grill to high and greasing a baking dish.
- Put the chicken in the dish, skin side down, and sprinkle over a little salt and pepper.
- Grill for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut four thin slices from the lemon.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and turn over.
- Lay one lemon slice on each breast.
- Sprinkle over the thyme and little more salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Squeeze over the juice from the rest of the lemon and put a couple spoonfuls of water around the edge of the dish.
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.