Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recently found this recipe in a Paula Deen cookbook my mother sent me! It sounds interesting, although I have not tried it yet. She says, "We sometimes serve this on our buffet (at Lady & Sons), if the staff doesn't eat it all first!" She of course uses her own House Seasoning, but you can use whatever is your favorite.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the butter until tender.
- Turn the salmon out of the can, saving the liquid. Pick the salmon free of bones.
- Add the salmon and its liquid, along with the water to the skillet.
- Add the seasoning and Accent (if using), and simmer for 10 minute.
- Serve hot over grits or rice.