Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
It can be used as a topping on ice cream, mixed in beverages, or for any other treat that calls for chocolate syrup.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- stevia, to taste
- 1 cup water (can replace 1/2 with evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Blend the cocoa and stevia in small saucepan. Over low - medium heat, gradually stir in the water.
- Simmer for a minute or two until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- If mixture is too thick, gradually blend in warm water until desired consistency is reached.
Made this as a sugar free, chemical free alternative for my son's hot chocolate. I made it with 10 Tablespoons of trivia.
Made this recipe again today and used 1 cup of xylitol instead of stevia. It has been a while since I last made it, but we liked it then. The reviewer who thought this tasted awful either used too much or too little stevia when making the recipe. Today I started with 1\2 cup of xylitol, but added a second 1\2 cup when tasting it after mixing.
Really, really awful. The whole lot went down the sink. Arg