Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
It can be used as a topping on ice cream, mixed in beverages, or for any other treat that calls for chocolate syrup.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- stevia, to taste
- 1 cup water (can replace 1/2 with evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Blend the cocoa and stevia in small saucepan. Over low - medium heat, gradually stir in the water.
- Simmer for a minute or two until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- If mixture is too thick, gradually blend in warm water until desired consistency is reached.
Made this as a sugar free, chemical free alternative for my son's hot chocolate. I made it with 10 Tablespoons of trivia.
Really, really awful. The whole lot went down the sink. Arg
I've tasted worse! This recipe leaves everything to be desired. I have a recipe that tastes better than the brand name chocolate syrup. This one is bitter, no matter how much stevia you add, and just doesn't have that certain something. Don't waste your time!