Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe appeared in our local paper. It seems a little different from the usual pasta salads. You can also add 3 or 4 grilled chopped chicken breasts to the salad for a main dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and snapped into pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- parsley or other fresh herb, minced
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bowtie pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. The last 3 to 5 minutes of cooking time, add the green beans. Drain in colander.
- In large bowl combine pasta, green beans, tomatoes and chopped parsley and/or herbs. Fold in a few turns of olive oil. (Add more to taste.) Sprinkle in the Hidden Valley Ranch packet and sunflower seeds. Serve or refrigerate for later.