Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I tried this recipe at a recent party. I looked here for the exact recipe prior to asking my hostess to find out who brought the recipe so I could get exact amounts for the ingredients... I saw lots of "close,but no cigars" versions here. This one takes the cake!
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese (lo-fat)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (may use lo-fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 small white onion, diced
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Buddig beef, cut into small pieces
- 1 round bread (rye, pumpernickel, whatever you can find that's not sliced)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave.
- Stir in mayo and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in swiss cheese, onion, garlic powder and beef.
- Cut out the center of the bread to form a bowl.
- Spoon dip into bread bowl.
- Cook at 350 degrees for at least an hour.
- Serve with leftover bread from center of loaf and crackers.