Recipe by Mamma Bug
My girlfriend Stefanie made these gingerbread cookies for Christmas 2008. I have never been a fan of gingerbread, but these I couldn't stop eating!! I'm sure someone knows why, but be warned, the longer these sit in an airtight container, the softer they get! Go figure?!?!
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, coves, salt, and baking soda in food processor.
- Add butter and mix until mixture makes a fine meal.
- Add molasses and milk.
- Divide dough and chill for at least 2 hours or over night.
- For soft cookies - roll dough 1/4" thick, place on parchement lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-11 min.
- For thin/crispy cookies - roll dough 1/8" thick, place on parchement lined cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 15-20 min.