V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
A chinese recipe. great and savory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170 g rice flour
- 30 g wheat starch
- 350 g yams, diced into cubes
- 50 g dried shrimp, soaked and chopped coarsely
- 4 teaspoons shallots, sliced
- 240 ml water
- 320 ml water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1Grease one 7 inch square tin with cooking oil.
- 2Set aside Start cooking water in a steamer.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare Step (3) to (5).
- 4In a mixing bowl, mix rice flour, tang min flour and 240ml water to batter.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok/ pan, fry half of the shallots and half of the dried shrimps (reserve the rest for topping) until fragrant.
- 7Add yam and 320 ml water and bring mixture to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and add batter prepared in (3).
- 9Season with salt, sugar and pepper.
- 10Keep stirring.
- 11When batter thickens (but not'solidifies'), dish out to prepared tin.
- 12Steam yam cake over rapid boiling water for 1 hour.
- 13Meanwhile, prepare the savoury topping.
- 14Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- 15Fry the reserved shallots till fragrant.
- 16Add dried shrimps, mushrooms, radish and chinese sausages and continue to fry.
- 17Season topping with sugar, light soy sauce, pepper and five spice powder.
- 18Dish out and set aside.
- 19When yam cake is cooked, let cool for 30-45 minutes.
- 20Spread topping on top of yam cake (as shown in picture).
- 21Garnish with spring onion and chopped chilies.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Yam Cake
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 531.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: