This tasty and quick recipe can be made any night of the week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch broccoli (if necessary, peel tough outer skin from stalks, cut into 2-inch spears)
- 2 large carrots (cut into diagonal slices about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower (break into 1-inch florets)
- 8 ounces soba noodles, uncooked
Miso-Almond Sauce (see recipe of that title)
- 1Fill a medium-large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Place a vegetable steamer over 1 inch of water in another pot; bring this to a boil also.
- 3Arrange vegetables in steamer and cover. Cook over medium heat.
- 4About 3-4 minutes later, add the soba noodles to the boiling water in the first pot. Cover and turn heat to medium. The vegetables and the soba noodles should be done at about the same time (6-8 minutes after the noodles hit the water).
- 5Drain the noodles and add about 1/2 cup miso-almond sauce and mix.
- 6Serve vegetables on top of noodles and ladle additional sauce over the vegetables.
- 7Variations: Try using other vegetables, such as snow peas, zucchini, bok choy, green beans, asparagus, etc. Other sauces can also be used or simply top with tamari soy sauce and grated ginger.
- 8Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 33.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Vegetables With Soba Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.0
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: