Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Classic oriental ingredients - ginger, scallions and soy sauce add a delicious flavour to simple steamed scallops - a great dinner party appetizer.
- 16 scallops, in the shell
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 7 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- Fill the base of a steamer with water and bring to the boil.
- Sprinkle the scallops with the ginger. Place in the steamer and steam for about 4 minutes until only just set.
- Put the sesame oil and soy sauce in a small pan and warm through.
- Arrange the scallops on four plates and pour over the sesame oil and soy sauce. Sprinkle on the cilantro and sliced scallions then serve.
Very easy to make. Scallops were ok when steamed but the sauce was very boring.