Quick Steamed Scallops
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl mix together the scallops, lemon juice, garlic and chili power if desired along with any other seasonings you like with scallops.
- Prepare a a small steamer with 2 cups of water and bring it to the boil until steaming well.
- Place the noodles and vegies in the bottom of the steamer in with the water, scallops at the top.
- Once back at the boil drop heat to around medium so it continues to steam without boiling too hard. Steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain noodles and vegetables, stir through soy sauce (once again to taste) and serve with scallops on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had just enough scallops in the freezer and Little Miss loves noddles so I made this dish with everyone in mind. Hubby is not a huge scallops fan, so I also used prawns/shrimp and it worked well. The only thing I changed was I reduced the amount of chilli to suit little Miss. Thanks so much for posting your recipe Peter.
Wow! This is amazing! I kind of misread the directions because I couldn't believe you'd double-duty the steamer by adding the scallops and noodles below. Now that I get it, I will do this the next time! I steamed the scallops mixture atop the frozen veggies and cooked the noodles separately. No sexism intended, but only a male chef would dream up such an efficient way to cook a one-dish meal! Thanks Peter J! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #59.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live close Hobart in Tasmania, a wonderful part of Australia but a little chilly in winter so be sure to book your holiday for summer! I'm self-employed in the embedded electronics area and being at home most of the day gives me plenty of time to prepare those recipes with long preparation and cooking times. As most of my clients are either interstate or overseas I get to occasionally catch up with them and enjoy their local restaurants, always nice to have someone else paying the bills! <br /> <br />As well as food I'm partial to the odd beer & wine, so often like to go to a local pub and catch some local bands. No need for an alarm clock in the morning, my cat Molly likes her breakfast at 8:00AM sharp and makes an effective alarm! Lately I've been starting to get into some digital photography so you might be seeing a few additional recipe shots on Zaar... <br /> <br /><a href=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/stats.php?id=vUa1ya8Z> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/globes/Globe_vUa1ya8Z.gif alt= /></a></p>