Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super easy recipe! A delicious and healthy dinner for 2 that can easily be adjusted to serve more. I like to serve this along side a simple salad and steamed sugar snap peas. (Recipe courtesy of BBC's Good Food magazine: Healthy Issue February 2007)
- 2 leeks, trimmed, washed and each cut into about 5 pieces
- 2 (150 g) salmon fillets, skin removed, each about 150 grams
- 410 g canned green lentils, drained and rinsed under hot water
- 6 tablespoons French dressing
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the leeks for about 10 minutes until soft, then lay the salmon on top and continue to team for an additional 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon and leeks are steaming, add the lentils to a bowl with 4 tablespoons of the french dressing and some seasoning.
- When the salmon is cooked lift out of the steamer and set aside.
- Add the steamed leeks and baby spinach to the lentils and toss well.
- Divide the lentil salad mixture between two plates, top with the steamed salmon and drizzle over the remaining dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!