Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am always on the prowl for interesting recipes that I can steam. When cooking a chinese meal, it is difficult to stir-fry more than one dish at a time. Steaming allows me to add additional courses that can cook in the backround.
- 3⁄4 lb prawns, deveined but in the shell
- 2 tablespoons fermented black beans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- Prepare the prawns by cutting along the top of the shell, and removing the sand vein. Leave the shell on because this keeps the prawns more tender, tasty and plump.
- Wash, drain and place prawns in a heatproof dish that will fit in your steamer.
- Wash black beans two times and mash into a paste with the chopped garlic.
- Combine with remaining ingredients except sesame oil.
- Pour mixture over the prawns then drizzle the sesame oil over the top.
- Place in steamer and steam for 10 minutes.