- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (lower 6 inches only)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mussels, scrubbed well in several changes of water and beards pulled off
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5- to 6-quart heavy kettle bring wine and cream to a boil with garlic, shallot, lemongrass, and curry powder.
- Add mussels and cook, covered, over moderately high heat 4 to 6 minutes, or until opened, discarding any unopened ones and lemongrass.
- Using a slotted spoon divide mussels among 4 bowls.
- Add to liquid remaining in kettle scallion, butter, and salt and pepper to taste, stirring until butter is incorporated, and spoon over mussels.