Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Absolutely delicious !
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chorizo sausages, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dozen mussels, scribbed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 orange, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chorizo; saute 3 minutes, until browned.
- Add garlic and bay leaves; cook one minute until fragrant. Add mussels and wine.
- Squeeze orange juice into the pan, then add halves (the rind will add another dimension to the sauce).
- Bring to a boil, cover and steam 5 minutes or until mussels open (discard any that don't). Discard bay leaves, sprinkle with parsley and serve.