Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you can't find fresh fennel 3 bulbs of kohlrabi will work well. Steam them for 8 minutes.
- 2 fennel bulbs (1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (vegetable is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Trim fennel and discard woody stems. Cut into thin slices.
- Steam, covered about 12 minutes until crisp but, tender.
- For sauce combine broth and dill and bring to a boil.
- Stir together cold milk and cornstarch and add to broth.
- Cook and stir until thick.
- Serve pouring sauce over fennel.
- Garnish with dill.
- For Vegetarian do not use Chicken broth. Use the vegetable broth option.