1 hr 30 mins
Not that sweet. Perfect dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over low heat, stir sugar, water, milk powder, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan until sugar and butter dissolved.
- 2Pour a little of this hot milk slowly into cocoa powder, stirring to a make a cocoa paste (this is to prevent lumpiness), then add in the rest of the milk.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- 5Beat eggs lightly and add the chocolate milk of step (1), mix well.
- 6Add flour mixture and mix well.
- 7Pour into a lined (bottom of tin) 20cm round tin.
- 8Steam for 1 hour, test with a skewer.
- 9Frost or fill with your favourite chocolate fudge or frosting if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.9
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 305.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g