Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another from 'A Taste of Aloha' Cookbook.
- 2 stalks broccoli, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup diced extra firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons pickled ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red miso
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the broccoli into florets and, along with the dice tofu, placed into a steamer set inside a medium saucepan over boiling water. Steam for about 2 minutes. The broccoli should be bright green and firm still.
- In a wok over high heat, combine the oyster sauce, garlic, chili pepper, ginger, miso and rice wine. Bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and tofu and mix well. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve at once.