Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe will encourage you to love broccoli. The title lists all the recipe ingredients and preparations-just toss them all together and serve. From Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chinese oyster sauce
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into large florets with 1 1/2" stems; reserve 1 pound of the florets and store the remaining broccoli for another use.
- Steam the reserved florets 8-10 minutes, until crisp-tender and bright green; toast the pecans in a nonstick skillet until dark brown but not burnt.
- Toss the steamed broccoli, toasted pecans and oyster sauce together; season with salt and pepper to taste; serve hot.
This is a good combo with the pecans. I used less oyster sauce, but still too much, it kind of overpowered it.
Simple and delicious! I toasted the pecans in the oven (rather than stove top) and did season with freshly-ground black pepper, but didn't find it needed salt. Nice, easy way to dress up broccoli--thanks for posting!