Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice restaurant style steak dish that is quick and easy to prepare at home.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml beef broth, seasoned with
- your favorite steak seasoning
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in hot oil over medium heat until desired doneness is reached; turning once.
- Transfer steaks to serving platter and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook and stir mushrooms 4-5 minutes; until tender.
- Stir in broth and cream.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture over hot steaks.
My only issue with this is there was not enough for 4 people but the flavours [as per recipe maybe 2 to 3 at a stretch depending ow much you like] (I went heavy with the pepper - we love pepper mushrom sauce and as direction didn't state when to add seasoning I added with the raw mushrooms just before cooking and then during cooking as well) but the clincher was when the DH neclared it one of the better mushroom sauces I had tag and made. Thank you Chef Buggsy Mate, made for Make My Recipe Edition 14.
This was so good. The sauce is so yummy. I used montreal steak seasoning with the beef broth. Thanks Chef Buggsy Mate :) Made for the Australian January 2011 Swap
A very easy and simple recipe to follow, with a great outcome! I followed the recipe as written but did add some fresh chives for a garnish. I used over beef steaks and the family really enjoyed this. This one is going on the keepers list, quick easy and so very tasty! Thanks Chef Buggsy Mate great recipe which was enjoyed by this family.