Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A nice restaurant style steak dish that is quick and easy to prepare at home.
Top Review by I'mPat
My only issue with this is there was not enough for 4 people but the flavours [as per recipe maybe 2 to 3 at a stretch depending ow much you like] (I went heavy with the pepper - we love pepper mushrom sauce and as direction didn't state when to add seasoning I added with the raw mushrooms just before cooking and then during cooking as well) but the clincher was when the DH neclared it one of the better mushroom sauces I had tag and made. Thank you Chef Buggsy Mate, made for Make My Recipe Edition 14.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth, seasoned with
- your favorite steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in hot oil over medium heat until desired doneness is reached; turning once.
- Transfer steaks to serving platter and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook and stir mushrooms 4-5 minutes; until tender.
- Stir in broth and cream.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture over hot steaks.