Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are a favorite of my daughter, Roberta.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil ((toasted)
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1-inch , minced)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium scallion (sliced thinly)
- 2 lbs beef sirloin tip
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a gallon-sized zip-loc bag. Add meat and press out as much air as possible. Refrigerate one hour, flipping after 30 minutes.
- Cook steak tips to med-rare or medium (130-135 degrees), let rest five minutes, slice thinly and serve immediately with orange wedges.
We always enjoy these flavors together, whether it's on steak, ribs, pork or chicken. The recipe was simple to prepare and was ready to marinade the tips in no time. I marinated for about 3 hours to really infuse the flavor of the steak and ingredients and it was fine. We had with Chinese noodles and stir fried veggies with onions, garlic and soy. They complimented each other nicely I have added this recipe to my favorites to make when the urge strikes! Thank you for sharing it with us Steven!