Top Review by Vicki in AZ
Reminiscent of old fashioned swiss steak. I added a clove of minced garlic and 1/4 cup dry red wine (because I add those 2 ingredients to almost everything other than cereal and desserts). I served with homemade egg noodles and asparagus.
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4 beef round steaks, about 1 ",thick
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Dredge each steak in flour mixture, then place in bottom of crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over meat in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve steaks and sauce over hot cooked rice.
- *Besure to discard bay leaf before serving.