Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 beef round steaks, about 1 ",thick
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Dredge each steak in flour mixture, then place in bottom of crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over meat in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve steaks and sauce over hot cooked rice.
- *Besure to discard bay leaf before serving.
Reminiscent of old fashioned swiss steak. I added a clove of minced garlic and 1/4 cup dry red wine (because I add those 2 ingredients to almost everything other than cereal and desserts). I served with homemade egg noodles and asparagus.
I love easy crockpot meals, and this is a great one! It smells wonderful while it's cooking too! The meat was sooooo tender and the spices are perfect. Thanks for sharing this recipe!