1/2 Photos of Steak Pinwheels Stuffed With Spinach and Bacon
From Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak or 1 1/2 lbs beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- 1In a large skillet cook bacon just until done but not crisp.
- 2Drain on paper towels.
- 3Score steak by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals diagonally across steak in a diamond pattern.
- 4Repeat on second side.
- 5Place steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- 6Working from the center to the edges, pound meat lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to form a 12x8-inch rectangle; remove plastic wrap Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt over top.
- 7Arrange the bacon lengthwise on the steak.
- 8In a mixing bowl stir together the spinach, bread crumbs, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, and dash salt.
- 9Spread the spinach mixture over the bacon.
- 10Roll up meat from a short side.
- 11Secure with wooden toothpicks at 1-inch intervals, starting 1/2 inch from one end.
- 12Cut between toothpicks into eight 1-inch slices.
- 13Cook 4 of the pinwheels immediately and freeze the remaining pinwheels as directed.
- 14Makes 4 servings.
- 15To Eat Two: To grill, horizontally thread two pinwheels onto each of 2 long skewers.
- 16Remove wooden toothpicks.
- 17Place pinwheels on the rack of an uncovered grill.
- 18Grill directly over medium coals 12 to 14 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- 19Or to broil, place pinwheels, cut side down, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- 20Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 14 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- 21Remove toothpicks.
- 22To Freeze Two: Place two pinwheels into each of 2 individual freezer containers.
- 23Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 24To serve, thaw 2 or 4 of the pinwheels overnight in the refrigerator.
- 25Cook according to the directions above.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Pinwheels Stuffed With Spinach and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 242.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 25.9 g