Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Received this recipe from a friend to use on flank steak and it is my favorite marinade. I am not fond of flank steak so I also tried it on pork and chicken. I think this is delicious on pork tenderloin but that is just my taste preference. I usually marinate the meat overnight for the best flavor. Also I prefer to use fresh garlic, fresh ginger and balsamic vineger instead of white vinegar, but again that is my taste preference. Prep time does not include marinating time. This may be barbecued or oven broiled.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (I prefer 1 or 2 cloves minced fresh garlic)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (you can also use olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- In a blender or bowl combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder and oil.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Lay steak in a shallow glass or ceramic dish or a ziploc bag.
- You may pierce flesh all over front and back with a fork, however I prefer not to pierce meat.
- Pour marinade over steak, then turn and coat other side.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill for high heat.
- Place grate on highest level and brush lightly with oil.
- Grill steak to desired doneness.
A wonderful steak marinade! I liked the vaguely sweet taste and will def recommend this to friends and family! I marinated sirloin steak overnight in a ziploc bag and went with garlic cloves and balsamic vinegar. Next time I'll try it with olive oil. Will be making this again!
We loved this marinade! Put it on some "not so nice" steaks and made them taste like restaurant quality!! Thanks - I'm using it again on pork chops with rice tonight!!
i edited this, as others suggested, and it was incredible! i will list my edit. thanks nanette!