Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was one of my mother's favorite Steak Recipes. It is a "savor each bite" recipe. Soooooooo good.
- 1⁄4 pint fresh cream
- 4 (6 ounce) steak fillets, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces button mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Rub the steaks with garlic and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large skillet and fry steaks over high heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks to a warm serving dish and keep hot.
- Heat the remaining butter and quickly saute the sliced mushrooms and chopped onions in skillet on med-high heat until tender.
- Add the lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and brandy to pan, bring to a boil.
- Stir in the cream and parsley and bring ALMOST to a boil.
- Pour this sauce quickly over steaks and serve.
- Garnish with parsley.
Fantastic recipe for fillet steak. We loved it and will definitely be doing it again! Thanks! :)