Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef tenderloin in basil, butter and garlic sauce & topped with mushrooms-simple yet incredible! From BHG 2007.....
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered (approx 6 oz)
- In a small bowl combine 3 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp basil; set aside. Sprinkle steaks with salt & pepper.
- In a large skillet cook garlic in hot olive oil and remaining 1 Tbsp butter over med-low heat for 4-6 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon remove the garlic from the skillet. Increase heat to med-hi and add remaining 1 tbsp basil. Cook steaks in skillet, turning once. Allow 10-13 minutes for med-rare to med doneness. Transfer steaks to serving platter; top each with reserved butter & basil mixture.
- Add mushrooms to skillet. Cook and stir until tender and brown, about 3 minutes. Spoon mushrooms over steaks.
Awesome! Very straightforward recipe. Perfect and yummy!