Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
This came from the May 2005 issue of Family Circle magazine. Tried it last night and loved it.
Make and share this Steak and Shiitake Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small white-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, caps only, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F Toss potatoes with olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Turn halfway through.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat broiler or grill. Season steak with remaining garlic salt and pepper. Broil or grill steak 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Allow to rest before slicing.
- Melt butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sherry off the heat. Return to heat; cook for 1 minute. In a small bowl, mix together broth and cornstarch. Stir into skillet and simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in oregano and Worcestershire sauce. To serve, slice steak on an angle; spoon mushroom sauce on top. Serve with potatoes.