Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Please note I have not tried this as yet and I really prefer posting recipes that I try firstly but this was submitted for a request on the boards. I am not claiming it to be the *real* Starbuck's gingerbread, but it may be very close. There was no mention as to what size pan to bake it in so use your own judgment. I assume by the amount of ingredients an 8x8, 9x9 or an 11x7-inch pan would work fine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (I would use 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coleman's mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- Set oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl cream butter with sugars and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, orange zest and fresh minced ginger, water and applesauce until well combined.
- In a bowl sift together flour with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, mustard powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed ingredients and beat until combined.
- Mix in the candied ginger.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
Starbuck's or not this gingerbread is amazing. Other than making a reduced recipe, the only change I made was to use Baking Spice Blend Mix for the spices. Something that I am sure to repeat. Made for the Photo Forums *Moan and Groan Over Best Comfort Food*